Help & Contact - T&C's
Search our FAQ's
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS – 15.37 agreement the following words shall have these meanings assigned to them. CitiRental, Kar Dok, United Leasing and Practical Car & Van Rental are the trading names of D B Asset Ltd whose registered office is situated at Enigma House 24-26, Arcadia Avenue, London N3 2JU and referred throughout as the Owner. A copy of this agreement can be requested at email@example.com.
Hirer – Hiring party described as such overleaf – also referred to as the Hirer Driver – all elements of this agreement apply to Hirer and Driver equally.
The vehicle(s) described overleaf or any replacement thereof. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto. No variation shall be binding unless agreed in writing by the Owner. There is no guarantee implied or otherwise as to the supply of any vehicle make, model, group, specification, colour, additional equipment
INVOICING/BILLING a single inclusive invoice indicating all the chargeable items included in this contract will be delivered by e-mail sent to the Hirer overleaf at the address given
CHECK SHEET A schematic reproduction of the vehicle on which pre-rental damage is recordedand which the Owners relies to identify fresh damage The Hirers and/or Drivers signature verifies its accuracy and is is the sole reference to the state of the vehicle at inception of the hire
DRIVERS NOTES supplemental advice & instructions handed to Hirer being an integral part of this agreement.
INSURANCE Owner acts as tacit agent of the apposite insurance company and administersaspects of insurance either itself or via an appointed agent in accordance with this agreement
Gender – this means ‘his’ or ‘her’ gender
TITLE Hirer acknowledges the Owners irrefutable absolute title to the vehicle.
(1) The vehicle is handed over in good condition, save present body defects marked on the check sheet. The vehicle will be returned to Owner in the same condition, save reasonable fair wear. Owner reserves exclusive right to moderate any damage sustained during the rental period is ‘fair wear’ or chargeable under the conditions of ACCIDENT DAMAGE EXCESS (ADXS) DEDUCTIBLE
(2) TAKING PRECAUTIONS to take every step necessary to keep the vehicle safe, secure, out of harms way and every precaution possible when parking and driving. To prevent damage, stow all goods carried in vehicle out of sight (in boot) so not to target the vehicle for theft & vandalism. The hirer indemnifies the Owner from any & all responsibility/ liability for any goods/ substances carried in or on the vehicle. The Owner is not liable for any costs in respect to faults caused by the driver. The Hirer agrees the Owner has no liability or responsibility for any injury, loss or damage arising howsoever caused from the use of the vehicle nor shall the Owner be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage in connection with the vehicle or use of the vehicle. ) Hirer is liable for the consequences of any damage caused by overloading the vehicle
(3) To pay the Owner a levy of 10% per month or part thereof (compound interest) for any moneys whatsoever owed by the Hirer to the Owner. No financial set-off between the Owner and the Hirer.
(4) THE RENTAL DAY is computed as multiples of 24 hours and ends 24 hours after inception – the Hirer is bound to return the vehicle on the due date, time and place from whence it was hired. If the vehicle is returned late, there is a 30 minute grace period after which time a new rental day is payable in full. All timekeeping measured by devises exclusively operated by Owner. If vehicle returned earlier than the agreed time/date no refund. Rentals computed strictly on time used at stated rate overleaf. Cars returned out of hours will be checked on the next opening time. Rental terminates when keys handed to owner and time stamped.
(5) UNINSURED DRIVING only those with written permission from the Owner may drive the vehicle. If any person is identified as an unauthorized driver; insurance from inception of the agreement is rendered null and void. Any damage claims will be directed to the Hirer. Admin fee of £495.00 imposed to administer cost of management.
(6) BOOKINGS (i) will be held open for 1 hour after the agreed pick-up time (other than after the branch closing time) whereupon the booking is deemed a ‘no-show’ whereupon £45.00 is charged to the customer. (ii) Bookings cancelled within 24 hrs of agreed pick-up time charged at value of daily rate booked (iii) Bookings may be cancelled without notice or an alternative group negotiated up to 48 hrs before agreed collection time (7 days before a UK bank holiday) – Any booking is subject to availability. If a vehicle is unavailable an alternative will be offered. The Owner has the unequivocal right under this agreement, in the case of unforeseen circumstances to cancel the booking any time up to 2 hours before scheduled pick-up. (iv) The Owner also retains the absolute and unmitigated right to refuse a rental at any time prior to collection without giving reason for the decision to do so.
(7) INSURANCE PREMIUM A large percentage of the rental fee includes insurance premium. Non-payment of the rental fee is deemed non-payment of the insurance premium from inception of the hire agreement. If there is no insurance cover no benefit or protection can be claimed under the appropriate policy. Insurance is integrally linked to a credit/charge card. If the card ceases to function for any reason or is the subject of a charge-back by the Hirer insurance becomes null & void from inception of the agreement. Insurance Content (VAT 0%) of the rental fee is averaged out at £29.00 per day. VAT is computed on the balance.
(8) HIRER/DRIVER WARRANT VEHICLE WILL NOT BE USED FOR – (i) Hire & Reward (paid or unpaid) (ii) transporting persons for business or political use, courier or transportation of another’s goods as a service (paid or unpaid) (iii) Racing, peacemaking, rallying, speed testing, driving tuition, propelling or towing any vehicle, trailer or object.. (iii) In any way which might render the insurance policy void. The Hirer shall compensate the Owner in full for any losses sustained by the Owner for non-compliance with the insurance policy – details available at CitiRental.co.uk (iv) By any person having no driving licence and/or unauthorized to drive by the owner. (v) By anyone who is under the age of 23 or over 75 years of age (vi) By any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any nature to any extent whatsoever. In the event of any claim arising in connection with the vehicle where the driver is found to have any quantity of alcohol or drugs whatsoever in his system insurance cover will be rendered null & void from inception of the agreement. (vii) By any person who has given an incorrect name, age or address, used a false or stolen driving licence or I.D. to procure the vehicle and/or has not been approved by the Owner as a driver will render the insurance null & void from inception.
(9) TRAVEL OUT OF THE LAND MASS OF ENGLAND, SCOTLAND OR WALES incl any offshore islands is expressly forbidden without written consent of the Owner. No insurance coverage without said consent. £950 Admin fee in breach of this condition. TRAVEL TO SCOTLAND attracts £85.00 surcharge or £250.00 admin fee and voids insurance from inception without said written consent. Any consequential loss to the vehicle or any other party is payable by the Hirer who indemnifies the Owner against all loss, seizure, recovery and reinstatement costs.
(10) FOREIGN LICENCES the law is very grey on this point but it is understood you need to apply for a UK licence within 185 days from commencement of permanent UK residency – interpretation may vary. You are advised to seek advice from your local police station or Citizens Advice Bureau. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences
(11) THE HIRER WILL PAY ON DEMAND all fees noted herein to the card and pay the Owner and its assigns for rental fees, fixed penalty admin, penalty charge notices/police enquiries, refuelling charges, chargeback fees, accident damage excess (ADXS), extension of hire, fuel and any other contractual fees
(12) The Hirer will compensate the Owner in full and on demand for any loss suffered in respect to any damage (from any cause) fire, theft to or from the vehicle including loss of revenue (at the same rate noted overleaf)
(12a) PET POLICY any animal residue will be professionally reinstated at cost – billed to the Hirer.
(13) INSURANCE is forfeited from inception [A] if any claim, accident or incident if not reported in writing to the Owner within 48 hours. [B] Driver contractually bound to competently make locus sketches, plans, notes, photos and record name(s) addresses & telephone number of all parties involved – failure to complete an official incident report form provided by the Owner within 24 hours of the incident will be subject to an administration fee of £495.00. A fundamental element of this agreement: hirer/driver shall not admit or imply liability/guilt under any circumstances. Any comment by the driver is not binding on the Owner or Insurers and any consequences or outcome of them. Owner/insurers shall not be prejudiced/influenced by any comment/statement [C] Hirer/Driver holds himself personally liable/accountable for any comments made. For avoidance of doubt the Hirer/Driver is personally accountable for any utterance and disassociates the Owner/Insurers from them. If he wishes to avoid this outcome he should make no comment whatsoever for any reason [D] Driver must inform Owner in writing within 24 hrs of receiving a driving endorsement issued pursuant to the issue of a Share Code failing which the insurers may cancel cover [E] Insurance cover is withdrawn from inception if the drivers found to have any trace of alcohol or drink or illegal drugs in his system.
(14)FUEL POLICY Vehicles are rented short of fuel [approx 1/8 of a tank] Return vehicle with approximately the same amount of fuel as when you commence hire. No checks are made so long as the low fuel warning light is NOT SHOWING whereupon IF LOW FUEL WARNING LIGHT IS SHOWING sufficient fuel will be added at a cost of £35.00 to cancel the low fuel light ready for the next customer. No credits or refunds will be made for fuel left in the vehicle above the level on commencement
(15) No insurance (implied or otherwise) is provided by the Owner or its insurers for death, personal injury or medical expenses and personal losses connected to the vehicle. The Owner recommend the Hirer and all passengers take out personal insurance to cover all such eventualities. The Owner suggests Insure & Go. Com
(16) VEHICLE KEYS the Hirer/driver shall not permit or give up the keys to any person and ensure the keys are not left in a place where they may be accessed by any unapproved person in writing by the Owner. If the vehicle is stolen or taken pursuant to losing control of the keys the Hirer must compensate the Owner for all losses sustained consequential to the loss, which will remain on hire until the vehicle is recovered. The Hirer will compensate the Owner for any loss by the Owner. £450.00 admin fee – losing possession of the keys – Hirer liable for the cost of lost, stolen or mislaid keys charged by the manufacturer together with any consequential losses including transportation of replacements. The Hirer will, on demand, disclose the whereabouts of the vehicle and keys. The Hirer hereby gives his/her permission to the Owner and its agents to enter into or onto any property deemed to be in the Hirer or drivers control for the purpose of retrieving the vehicle/keys
(17) The Hirer will pay all MOTORING FINES promptly. The owner is legally obliged to manage each and every traffic violation and proposes to transfer liability – an exacting, thankless, time consuming task. Information on transfer of liability e-mail the Owner. £49.95 charged for each case managed as a contribution to costs
(18) The Hirer shall not sell, pledge or permit a lien on the vehicle.
(19) A refund of any charge where there is no duplication of charges is not permitted.
(20) RENTAL EXTENSIONS– CUSTOMER MUST CALL OR E-MAIL OWNER REQUESTING AN EXTENSION NUMBER WITHOUT WHICH INSURANCE WILL CEASE ON THE DATE/TIME SPECIFIED OVERLEAF & be billed in accordance with clause 33 below.
(21) The Owner is not bound to provide any particular make, model, specification or colour of vehicle. If a vehicle becomes faulty or incapacitated during the period of hire for any reason the rental will cease forthwith. The Owner is under no obligation to provide a replacement vehicle.
(22) All hirers must present a functioning credit card together with a driver’s licence (valid for more than 366 days prior to the rental) and an original form of address ID e.g. utility account, (less than two months old) at the time of collection or adding themselves as named drivers. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable. If this is not complied with, the reservation will be regarded as a ‘No Show’ and the appropriate fee (see section 6) imposed
(23a) If you opt for your OWN INSURANCE (COI) cover (see overleaf) it must be comprehensive with no more than £350.00 ADXS. The Owner must see evidence of and approve insurance cover before commencement of hire
(23b) TP liability insurance is included in the rate bearing an ADXS of £975.00 per incident(23c) CDW (waiver) purchased only in advance of the rental for a fee of £9.95 per day reduces ADXS to £250.00 per incident. There is no cover for damage to tyres, wheels and windscreens. Windscreen Damage Waiveravailable £4.95 per day.SUPER CDW £29.95 per day. Reduces ADXS to zero subject to clause 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 25, 29, 30 of this agreement which are excluded from Super CDW
(24) CCTV £75 p/hour (min/part thereof) admin fee to manage/view CCTV records for any reason. The Owner does not control or manage CCTV facilities ck
(25) Driver will use the CORRECT GRADE OF FUEL(details to be found around the fuel cap) or pay for repairing, consequential damage and/or loss sustained by the Owner if incorrect fuel is used.
(26) The Hirer and driver(s) hereby indemnifies the Owner for all and every action; consequence, incident or accident while the vehicle is in the Hirer’s legal charge free from all and any legal, civil, criminal action contemplated, threatened or taken against the owner and its assigns for any reason whatsoever. The Hirer indemnifies and renders the Owner free from liability for the actions of the driver under any circumstances whatsoever and for any damage or accident howsoever caused. In the event of damage being identified a reinstatement invoice will be prepared by a garage nominated by the Owner. An independent assessor nominated by the Owner (cost £75.00) if requested
(27) Due to the high cost of managing credit/debit card CHARGEBACKS & DECLINED CHARGES at the instance of the card issuers the following fees – payable by the cardholder – will apply  £395.00 each chargeback  £39.95 each declined charge  £495.00 on account of legal & collection fees. The Hirer shall pay all legal, collection & interest fees until the debt is paid.
(28) CREDIT/DEBIT CARD LIABILITY the Hirer agrees to hire the vehicle in accordance with these terms & conditions and affirms if he is paying by credit/charge card his signature and/or PIN constitutes unconditional irrevocable authority. All the terms & condition in their entirety shall apply equally to a PROXY CARD PAYER. The hirers signature on this agreement instructs the card company to pay the Owner all charges under the terms of this agreement.
(29) In the event of the vehicle being RENDERED UNUSABLE for any reason whatsoever or howsoever caused including accident, seizure, breakdown, clamping the agreement will terminate & be voided from commencement of the hire. Any pre-payment is not refundable.
(30) AA/RAC OR SIMILAR SERVCE IS PROVIDED. The cost of call out is not payable by the Owner if the issue is the fault/liability of the Hirer, a third party, involved damage to tyres or wheels or driver induced fault.
(31) BVRLA RISC LIST the Hirer accepts information contained in the list is supplied by rental companies where a breach in the T’s & C’s or inappropriate behaviour indicates a potentially increased risk when renting in the future The Hirers name will be added to the list by the Owner as his sole discretion in this event.
(32) This agreement shall not exceed 90 days in duration whereupon the Hirer must re-negotiate a fresh agreement.
(33) Extension Rates (Rack rate) unless otherwise agreed in writing in the absence of a extension numberGroup A – £35.00 daily Group B – £49.00 daily Group G – £99.00 dailyGroup C – £59.00 daily Group D – £69.00 daily Group H – £99.00 dailyGroup E – £79.00.00 daily Group F – £99.00 daily Group X & Y – £79.00 daily
(34)) PRE-AUTHORISATION – irrevocable card charge prior to rental – £395.00 – to contribute towards all charges, costs and fees included in this agreement. The cost of rental (see overleaf) is charged on return of vehicle. Rental/extension and additional fees are charged on an ongoing basis. Pre-Authorisation may be recharged at the Owners instance or regularly renewed weekly as necessary to maintain pre-authorisation. Extensions charged weekly.
(35) INDEMNITY. The Hirer will unreservedly absolve and indemnify the Owner for any financial, legal, political, civil, criminal repercussions or consequential costs of any nature whatsoever or howsoever arising in respect to this agreement and/or the use of the vehicle
(36) Hirer must be the cardholder (payer) – ADDITIONAL DRIVERS subject to WRITTEN proposal endorsed by the Owner prior to the use of vehicle and subject additional driver fee of £45.00 per driver
(37) Opening times Monday to Friday 0800 – 1800Saturdays 0800 – 1300Sundays and UK Bank Holidays – closed
(38) OUT OF HOURS RETURN AND/OR PICK-UP SUPPLIMENT Rentals commencing or returned out of these hours are subject to a supplemental fee of £17.00 towards providing additional facilities OUT OF HOURS RETURN INSTRUCTIONS drive into garage – park in marked bay and place key in drop box to be found on right hand side on exiting garage. Telephone 0203 950 2295 – failure to call will cause rental to run to the next opening time – ensure you make the call closing the rental.
(39) VEHICLE CONDITION – The Owner reserves the sole right to determine the extent & cost of unreasonable wear and tear and assess the extent of professional cleaning if deemed necessary by the Owner
(40) HIRERS SUPPLIMENTARY UNDERTAKING & CHARGES[a] the underside, tyres, and roof are not included in the insurance waiver. [b] ADDITIONAL DRIVERS £20.00 per rental NOTE nominated drivers are charged as additional drivers [c] SatNav rental – £10.00 p/day [d] Uninsured driver surcharge – £595.00 per unauthorised driver (e) WEEKEND supplement rate (£20.00) starts FRIDAY 08:00
(41) FINAL AUDIT. All charges and bills are subject to final audit. The incoming condition (bodywork, interior and mechanical) is subject to a RE-RENTAL INSPECTION PROGRAMME scheduled as soon as possible after return of the vehicle, following which the invoice will be prepared and all items and vehicle damage will be accounted for.
(42) INVOICE | BILLING | LATENT VEHICLE INSPECTION & ENQURIES requests for any info can only be made by e-mail – for Data Protection reasons no telephone or personal facilities are available for this service.
(43) The Hirer hereby permits the Owner and its assigns to identify him to any authorised authority in respect to PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES (PCN) in accordance with guidance contained in (66) Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 I, the Hirer, also agree to be responsible for any fixed penalty offence, penalty charge notice, notice to owner, parking charge notice under S66 Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, Schedule 6 Road Traffic Act 1991,Traffic Management Act 2004, Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and any other relevant legislation and to charge a fee – normally £49.95 for each PCN issued to the vehicle during the course of the rental processed in accordance with the said statutes and supplementary regulations governing transfer of liability to the Hirer.
(44) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION [GDPR] Data protection principles which are personal data must be processed according to the six data protection principles [a] Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently [b] Collected only for specific legitimate purposes [c] Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary [d] Must be accurate and kept up to date. [e] Stored only as long as is necessary [f] Ensure appropriate security, integrity and confidentiality. Full details may be viewed at CitiRental.co.uk
(45) INSURANCE provided is UK mandatory cover except where the renter has elected to provide his own insurance evidenced in the COI box overleaf the Renter participates as an insured under the Owners vehicle insurance policy and agrees to observe the terms & conditions thereof. The certificate of insurance is available on request at info@CitiRental.co.uk – cover is comprehensive with £975.00 accident damage excess – ADXS – per incident. .
(46) The laws of England govern this agreement. Terms & conditions may be varied without notice
(47) THE HEALTH ACT (2006) specifies a ban on smoking in company (rental) vehicles – if that vehicle is used primarily for business purposes by more than one person. Our vehicles are deemed business vehicles………… TOTAL PROHIBITION ON SMOKING. Vehicles found with evidence of smoking will be sanitised by a specialist cleaning company. Cost £95.00 we are unable to comment if Hirer or passengers act contrary to the law.
(48) BABY SEATS & BOOSTERS – The Owner may, hire out such equipment. It is an essential part of this agreement there is absolutely no participation by the Owner with the use, quality or suitability of the seat – It is entirely up to the hirer to judge for himself as to the suitability, utilisation and fitting of the seat. The Owner accepts no responsibility whatsoever or howsoever with the employment of the equipment. If there is any doubt as to the suitability of the equipment the Hirer is advised to purchase his own from Argos, Halfords or similar
(49) VEHICLE COLLECTION of the vehicle for any reason costs £95.00 + 30p per mile to Swiss Cottage.
(50) CREDIT CARD REFUNDS and charges are normally undertaken within 5 working days of vehicle return. The actual time taken to refund is dictated by your card provider who must be consulted as to progress of the refund and/or charge Pre-Authorised cards: no refund – no charge is made.
(51) E-Mail any enquiries – info@CitiRental.co.uk